Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oops, I did it again.

One of the initial goals of this blog was to make at least one entry per month. Oops. As of yesterday, I did not meet my goal. I'm not really all that upset about not accomplishing said goal. Besides, I'm only one day off- that's close enough, right?

Updates, updates, updates. Maybe the reason I haven't posted is because not that much has been going on. Please don't misread me-- I'm not complaining. Clint and I have had enough "going-ons" (or is it "goings-on"?) these first six months of marriage. We are completely content with remaining going(s)-onless for at least a little longer. 

Clint has started his second semester of Seminary. It's a lot of work but he is a hard worker and continues to do his best. It can be a little discouraging sometimes, knowing that he could choose another degree and be in and out in 2 years with not nearly the amount of time-consuming and difficult work. I used to say quite often that just because we don't like it, doesn't mean we're not supposed to be here. I still believe that. However, I do believe that sometimes we don't like it and that does mean we're not supposed to be here. We're not questioning whether or not Clint should be at Southwestern. We know that is where God called us. But Clint hasn't received any real clear direction yet as to which part of the ministry, specifically, God wants him to pursue. So we wait. And that's okay because God's timing is perfect and our view is small. The frustrating part is not knowing which degree would best suit his calling and making sure we don't take the easy way out just because it's easy. So join us in prayer as we wait on the Lord and seek direction.

My job continues to be totally amazing and nothing short of a blessing. Watching an almost 7 month old girl everyday sends me home in the best mood. There is no other explanation than just the cold hard fact that I love my job. The other day I got baby poop on my hand. She dropped a bomb and I was holding her feet with one hand and wiping with the other. I looked down and there it was, smeared on the back side of my thumb, baby excrement. This wasn't no magical trail of chocolate chips- this was warm, green poop. That's when you know you love your job. Poop on your hand and life is still good. 

And life is good. But I still miss home. I don't even have a clear definition of what (or where for that matter) my "home" is at the moment. I miss my parents. They recently moved to Shreveport, LA and even though I saw them at Christmas, I feel like it has been ages. I miss my brother in Austin, TX and hate that we don't see each other that often. I miss my grandma and grandpa Schafer in Fort Smith, AR. They are such a joy. I miss my church family. I miss my church. I miss my best friends from high school in Washington state. One just gave birth to a beautiful little boy, Colby, and the other is engaged to be married this coming summer. Such big moments in their lives and I want to be there for every single one of them. But geographical location and our budget just don't allow for all of it. That's the price you pay when you move though. You make some new friends and grow closer over time, but you also have to leave the others. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. I don't feel abnormal. I don't feel depressed. I feel like living in a new place away from my comfort zone should warrant me missing those close to me (not all are listed above by the way. I miss many and much more...just didn't want my readers getting depressed so I cut it short ;)) I'm thankful for my life experiences thus far. I'm thankful that my family moved a lot. I'm not entirely sure I would handle this thing called "Change" as well if we hadn't.

Life is good. I miss home. And we're out of Nalley Chili. 

No comments:

Post a Comment