Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh, the things you learn in marriage.

Another month has gone by but this time I don't have anything very eventful to report on. So, I will fill this blog with the little things that may or may not be of any interest to you. Here goes.

Wait. I just got interrupted with Clint saying in an upset tone, "Uh Oh". I look over with concern and he says something so profound and deep, "Carl laid a little turd." And sure enough, there is a little Carl pebble just sitting there on the floor. What's the lesson here? You gotta let the Carl-man linger outside a little bit to make sure he has...umm...rid himself of all he desires. BUT, let's remember Clint is new at this whole dog thing, and I tend to think he is doing quite well.

Okay, back to the little things. Little things. Little things. Take a full size bed for instance. For one person, this may be sufficient. This may be down right comfortable. Ahh, but add another person in the mix and things change quite suddenly. Let me be clear before I go further: I would rather be uncomfortable and lose sleep and sleep in the same bed as my husband than be comfortable, get more sleep and sleep apart from him. But let me tell you-- there are certainly some things to get used to. For instance, I am a mover. Prior to being married, I moved all over that full mattress. Most days I woke up laying diagonal across the bed. It was wonderful. I have now poked Clint in the eye AND hit him in the face. All unintentional, I promise. How do you teach yourself to NOT move while sleeping? To be honest, it was quite comical. In fact, I'm laughing as I type this. He got me back later though. That's right. He was laying on his side and decided to bring up his knees a little and KAPOW! Knee to my hiney. My husband corn-dogged me. Is this too much information for a blog? I don't know. I'll continue.

Then there is the physical process of turning over that can cause sleep disruption. I have learned that my husband doesn't like to TURN over. No. He likes to BOUNCE over. Yep, a little bounce, followed by a bigger bounce, followed by the big "I've bounced high enough to flip to the other side" bounce. It's a mean game of crack the egg is what it is.

And thirdly, there is the silence versus the white noise debate. Clint likes an electric fan on during the night. He thinks the sweet hum is relaxing and perfect to fall asleep to. That little hum has kept me up hours during the night. Why? Why do you need to have noise? What happened to wonderfully sweet silence? What isn't relaxing and calming about that? If you were to walk in to our room right now, you would see ear plugs on my side of the bed. It is a temporary solution....I hope. The permanent solution of course being me getting used to sleeping with another person in my bed, more specifically my husband....and getting a Queen mattress. I so look forward to that day.

Of course there are other things you learn, too. For example, Clint likes to look over my shoulder and read what I'm typing and/or reading. I don't really mind it except it makes it a little difficult for me to concentrate. I'm sure there are things Clint has learned about me too but, well... this isn't his blog so you just get to hear from me. Aaaaand Clint just looked up and chuckled. Why? Because he read the words in the second sentence of this paragraph. I want to ask him if it kills him how well I know him, but I know that can't be true because I'm still learning and will continue to learn about my dear husband for the rest of our lives together. And I suppose that is the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment