Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I was doing pretty well blogging on a monthly basis but then my facebook started blowing up from all my friends blogging too. You see, those close to me know there's this thing inside me that likes doing things until I find out everyone else is doing them too and then it sort of just loses its appeal...and I lose interest...and I quit blogging. Don't get me wrong- I'm glad my friends blog. Most of them started blogging before I did. I just wasn't aware of it and the "newness" sounded fun. Anyways, all of that to say I'm still blogging because I know my family and friends still want to know what's going on. So I will "endeavor to persevere"...for now.

Clint and I are just over two months away from being married an entire year! I know. It's crazy. I was telling him the other day that some days it feels like we just got married yesterday and then other days feel like we have been married for-ev-er. I think (*hope*) this is normal. I could tell you these almost 10 months have been filled with us leaping through flowery fields while giggling and whispering to each other. But then, well, I'd be lying. Everyone knows it's ridiculously tough to leap AND whisper. But seriously, that doesn't really describe our relationship. We get more joy out of laughing at how the two of us (so very completely different, yet so similar) ended up married. It's a wonderful thing. Clint constantly calls me an old lady because I'm usually in bed before 10pm. What people don't know is that he makes fun of me while wearing a white t-shirt, plaid boxer shorts, and tall argyle socks. Now who's the old one? Little things (like that) that we can both laugh about bring us such joy.

Here's a praise: Clint has a new job! He was hired on at Sam's Club as a part-time cashier and after his first week has already been moved to the electronics department. By the way, Sam's has an 80" television. If you're thinking about what to get us for our one year anniversary, we definitely would not turn that down. It's $4500. Just a drop in the bucket, right? We're trying to focus on the positive. The job pays well and they are going to work with his school schedule when he starts back up in the fall. The down side is that Clint often has to work nights and weekends, which limits our time together. It's a bummer but sacrifices must be made!

Things my way have been going well, too. The people I work for currently have their house on the market. Right now I have to drive 30 minutes to get to work and the mom has to drive 30 minutes to get to work (in Fort Worth). Join me in prayer that their house will sell soon. This would save us all a lot of time and a lot of gas money! If by chance you know of anyone looking for a nice house in Mansfield, Texas- by all means, send them my way!

I've been doing some "soul-searching" and trying to figure out how to pool my talents, gifts, and abilities together to make an impact for the Gospel. While I try to live daily for Christ, I have a desire (I believe to be from God) to do something BIG. I really can't remember ever not having this feeling but with my 25th birthday approaching and looking around and seeing my peers with careers (rhyming!) and/or children of their own, I can't help but feel like I'm falling behind. I don't particularly want a career and although I would love to have children right now, it's probably best to wait until Clint gets done with school or at least almost done. I just feel like time is wasting and since none of us are guaranteed to live tomorrow, I should really get on it. So I'm just trying to pray and listen and figure out what it is that I can do to make a big difference. Not a "world peace" or "save the whales" difference, but more of a "If you were to die today, do you know where you'd be going" difference. I wholeheartedly believe that stay-at-home moms and career women can make a large impact for Christ and I know several women who do just that through their conversations and actions. I want to be one of those moms some day. I just feel as though God is whispering....and I can't quite make out what He is saying but I get butterflies thinking about the possibilities.

Well that will about wrap up today's post. I've gone and inspired myself to start looking at possible options. Toodles for now!

1 comment:

  1. Usually Andy and I feel like we've been married forever, but it's generally a good thing. Some days it feels like the wedding was yesterday. Glad someone else feels the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete